Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Brand new car deposit...?

Right so I ordered a brand new car 12 weeks ago, they%26#039;ve told me I can pick it up on Sunday morning.



I went in there about 10 weeks ago to make sure all the finance is ok and everything...



They told me the finance company are only happy to pay for most of it - so I would have to put down a 1579 deposit.



In the show room, on the day, he wrote on a piece of paper



Deposit: 1579, PX 200, - 鎷?379



(crappy old car only 鎷?00 part exchange)



I got a phone call today saying I can pick up my car - and they checked the finance again... apparently it%26#039;s 1779 minus my PX - making 1579 to pay....



Can you guys give me some ideas of what to say on Sunday, i%26#039;ve got this piece of paper as proof, and for 10 weeks i%26#039;ve been aiming for 鎷?379... do you think i can haggle some free rubber matts and a tank of petrol out of this...?



Brand new car deposit...?

I would go ahead and write the check out for 1379.00 and tell them if they want the deal, here it is, otherwise no deal. Stick to your guns.



The loser salesman will go have some imaginary conversation with his manager who will then come out and yell at you or something, insult saying he thought you came here to make a deal or some other crap. Don%26#039;t let it get to you.



If a salesman is that close to payday, they%26#039;ll eat 200 bucks, if not, walk away. It will hurt them more than it will you. The way dealships are taking it on the chin they%26#039;ll bend. This is business not a birthday party.



Brand new car deposit...?

It%26#039;s a game very common in selling new cars. You%26#039;ve been waiting all this time and finally get the phone call. Oh, and by the way, it%26#039;s a little more than you were told.



Here%26#039;s a check for 1379, as we talked about and agreed upon. Be ethical and take the check, since that%26#039;s the number we agreed upon, or be greedy and I walk out of here to another car dealer. Your choice.



Since all you have is that piece of paper, that means there is no binding contract so there isn%26#039;t a damn thing they can do about it. It%26#039;s because there is no contract that they are free to try and pull this little scam to suck a little more cash out of your pocket into their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment